#1 2017-08-09 5:50 pm

dsharpe15

Need a fluxbb PRO

To install and config a few plugins,

- Stop Forum Spam
- PM
- open to any other "needed" setup

I will pay you to complete...

I have a forum with about 8000 users, it was at 19k last year and I had to manually remove all the spammers...nightmare.

If this is not allowed here, please remove and I apologize.  If someone can help me out, please PM me here, or email me
=== edited by mod ===
to avoid being considered spam , removed e-mail address.

Last edited by dsharpe15 (2017-08-09 6:23 pm)

#2 2017-08-09 11:06 pm

Papa Parrot
Website

Re: Need a fluxbb PRO

Just a quick response, I am kind of busy on something else at the moment,.. Fisrt off I removed the e-mail address posted,
I suggest you also modify your PM settings, make sure it is ON, and not off, so that if anyone wants to PM you they can.
Offering to pay is no problem, but maybe not necessary, on the other hand  a donation to SFS would be greatly appreciated.
I think Pedigree is the most experienced person here, in relation to FluxBB, I can not speak for him, I am sure he will also
post a reply of some sort here as well, but often is very busy , so not sure how long before a reply.
It sounds urgent, hence your offer to even pay, but I want to suggest, be very careful , to pay someone to do this,
and if someone offers, they are likely to tell you they need admin access, to the site , etc,....before making any commitment
you need to be sure you can trust them,.. I would calm down , and be a little patient, probably we can explain to you how
to start controlling the spam, and you can do the actual administration your self,..

I am also using a Fluxbb forum, it is a new installation,... I am NOT very experienced with it yet. But it is a coincidence, I am right
now in the process of trying to install this: https://www.stopforumspam.com/mods#link_fluxbb
  And I have some questions on that, I may need to contact the author to get the information I need.
We can corroborate to some extent in this topic,
===================================
1st off on your site, we need some details, no links needed, and best to try to avoid that.
The hosting service, could be a factor, and what OS is the server using ?

Zbblock is about the easiest to install, but several years out of date, 
How ever even with a some what out of date signature file, I use it on one server, a Linux server, and it keeps the
a huge amount of spammers out,  with only  2 or 3, every few days needing to be delt with manually.
There are a few web hosting companies, that will not permit or allow the zbblock script to work properly,
There is a list of those on the zbblock web site.
================
The size of the forum is not very important, nor how many members, the spambots hit everything they can,
and do not pay any attention to the size or how active a forum or web site is.
==========

Another very simple option, https://www.funcaptcha.com/ , It can be used on FluxBB, they can / will
also help you with setting it up, it is very effective. I use it on 2 forums, combined with zbblock, and have not had any spam
successfully posted on them for over 2 years, ....
=====================================
You may PM me if you wish, or just respond here.

#3 2017-08-10 4:53 pm

Papa Parrot
Website

The list of compatible hosts, for zbblock:
Compatible Hosts

And the incompatible :
incompatible

#4 2017-08-10 5:08 pm

dsharpe15

Last edited by dsharpe15 (2017-08-10 5:40 pm)

Board footer