You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-01 9:50 am

liamdawe

mediawiki plugin

Hi all, using the StopForumSpam media wiki extension. I'm not able to link to it directly, as I don't have enough posts.

Is the $wgSFSIPListLocation actually required, or will it simply query the API if it's not given?

Last edited by liamdawe (2017-11-01 9:50 am)

#2 2018-05-14 5:51 pm

peter.laudenslager

Re: mediawiki plugin

I second this question.  The instructions on the MediaWiki site are vague once you get past the basic installation.

#3 2018-06-22 7:34 pm

thibd

Same here. I don't get if we need to put the name of the directory or the file.

#4 2018-06-23 9:42 am

Alex Kemp
Website

In general:
SFS gives details at stopforumspam.com/mods of many plugins available to integrate the SFS database within various forums, etc.. However, SFS has neither written nor provides support for a single one of them. You need to approach the plugin author if you need help.

Naturally, SFS forum members may well use & may even be expert in specific plugins, but be aware that you cannot *expect* to get a reply.

(unfortunately I know nothing about the media wiki extension, and cannot help directly)

#5 2018-06-23 1:05 pm

Papa Parrot
Website

I looked at the install instructions at the mediawiki site, using a search engine: keywords :

How to install Stop Forum Spam plugin on media wiki

I'm not able to link to it directly

No need to post a link to it, it is easy to find with a search.
  Any way, the instructions seemed straightforward and simple, clear:

Installation

Download and place the file(s) in a directory called StopForumSpam in your extensions/ folder.

Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:

wfLoadExtension( 'StopForumSpam' );

thibd>I don't get if we need to put the name of the directory or the file.

It quite clearly says you need to put the files in a directory called StopForumSpam,  maybe you need to select the language that is your language, to read in your language ?

peter.laudenslager >>
The instructions on the MediaWiki site are vague once you get past the basic installation.

Author(s)     Legoktm, Skizzerz

There is nothing we can do about that here, this should be addressed to the authors, and the wikimedia administration, both authors have links to their pages in the names on the page,  maybe contact them and suggest they add more detail ?

I also do not use the Mediwiki software and extensions, so can not give any other advice.

Board footer