You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-18 5:57 am

hdaackdaa

Posted an error reported, got a warning

I am trying to report spam that the wordpress plugin is NOT catching (it is letting many spammy comments in) and when I try to "report" the comment via wordpress to SFP, I get an error.

Yesterday I posted the error here is detail (copy posted the whole thing, without taking out the details of the spammer), but instead of a solution, my post was deleted and I was given a warning, that I will be marked myself as a spammer to post details of the spammer publicly!

I read the rules again to see if I missed such a thing, but did not find it. English is not my first language so I may have missed it, but wasn't given a link to it in the warning.

What am I doing wrong? What about the wordpress error itself? Is the plugin useless if it's letting spam through and can't even be reported? Can anyone guide me to a better plugin?

#2 2018-10-18 1:50 pm

Papa Parrot
Website

Re: Posted an error reported, got a warning

First off , it is VERY clearly stated in the forum rules:
https://www.stopforumspam.com/forum/mis … tion=rules

Posting links, backlinks, SEO or anything else dubious or illegal, in signatures or posts, will result in your account being banned and your details entered into the database. If in doubt, just don't do it. Harsh? Perhaps but this is the last forum in the world that will tolerate forum spam smile

If you posted a copy of a spam post here, on the public board and it included links and backlinks, SEO, that the spammer had used, then you are posting links and back links as well.

If you have data to submit , on a spammer  it is done via the submission form  , where it says Add SpamData  You need to get a API key, before submitting any spam . To do that, go to the "User Panel" and select > Get Api Key

We are not a support site for Word Press, and it's plugins, on that you should ask the WordPress support team,  Be sure you tell them what plugin you are using, you don't bother to do that here, so How can anyone suggest a better plugin, when we don't even know what plug in it is ?

There are some plugins, and mods listed in the  Resources and those have links to the Downloads, and support sites for them. Keep in mind, all though we do provide the list, and links to the downloads , we DO NOT , offer support for any of them, for support and information on them , you need to contact the authors , and sites that offer them. We are not affiliated with these mods and plugins, and did not write or produce them.

#3 2018-10-18 2:12 pm

hdaackdaa

I am VERY VERY SORRY! I thought this is the support forum of the actual plugin!

I did read the rules (as I said, english is not my first languate), I DID NOT POST THE SPAM POST, but I DID POST the FULL ERROR REPORT (which had link, yes).

After reading your post it became clear how wrong I was. The plugin I am using is not even listed in the resources link, so I guess its not a great one. I'll download a better plugin.

Once again, apologies! No wonder, I thought what a bad plugin, their forum doesnt even mention wordpress! (turns out, this is not the plugins forum)

Thank you very much for your time and service!!

#4 2018-10-18 2:26 pm

Papa Parrot
Website

your welcome,   No problem, and we do realize some times people make mistakes, some times language makes it more confusing.
When the spammers are reported and submitted to the data base, it is good to include the post they made as evidence.  The "data base", is NOT the same as the forum , which is public,  so care needs to be taken to remove any links contained in the errors, or text. If we think something is needed , for better information we will ask for it.

Board footer