You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-09 2:07 pm

Steve Freides

Retrieving SFS user-specific data

I admin a XenForo forum.  I recently started using SFS on my site.  I spam cleaned a user who was found in the SFS database. 

The user is now asking me (via the Contact form on our web site) for an explanation of _why_ they weren't allowed to join. I'm looking for data, the same kind of thing I saw when in my moderation queue.  I'd like to be able to say to this person, "Your IP address was reported 17 times" and/or "your email was reported ..."

Where is this information stored, if anywhere?

Is it available to me here, somehow? 

Is there a way I can access it from within the XenForo ACP (Administrative Control Panel), much like, e.g., the way I have a log of IP addresses for each user that I can then look up?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

#2 2020-12-09 5:40 pm

Alex Kemp
Website

Re: Retrieving SFS user-specific data

Hi Steve.

You access the info from these webpages via the Search page.
You can access the info from your server (or personal) Terminal via the SFS API.

API Notes

• API search does not require your API Key. However, be extremely cautious of coding any auto-searches, since that easily ends up acting as a DDOS on SFS & your IP will get dropped into the SFS Firewall, blocking you from this site.

• I've tended to use CURL, but that is not required. Try the example URLs & go from there.

• There is a utility available from SFS called "sfsdiag.zip" (it is a tiny PHP file, zipped up - search this forum to find it) with helpful code if you have any problems (you should not since your forum is already successfully finding spammers).

#3 2020-12-10 2:40 pm

Steve Freides

@alex kemp, thank you for the reply.

I am the forum 'admin' but we have a contract developer who handles our server, and who installs/maintains/handles_addons, etc. for our XenForo installation.  Much of what you've said above is above my head technically.  I am basically a "super moderator" with enough rights in my XF install to do everything I need.  (I was a programmer from the mid-1980's until the mid-2000's - I basically grew up with the PC, starting on an 8088 machine with two 5-1/4" floppy drives, and worked with dBASE and clones.)

Thanks again for whatever clarity you can bring to this for me.

#4 2020-12-10 7:32 pm

pedigree
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

use the search page to search for his details

Board footer