You are not logged in.

#1 2022-10-30 12:34 pm

cyrker

"BANNED" on a website

Hello,

I'm banned on the website  <removed by moderator> using my public IP address.
If I use a VPN, I'm not banned, and I can connect on this website.
How to fix this issue ?

Regards,

#2 2022-10-30 2:24 pm

Alex Kemp
Website

Re: "BANNED" on a website

Hi cyrker, welcome to SFS.

The is a link at top-right called Removal. As long as there have not been multiple spam-reports for your public IP that will result in auto-removal of that IP from our database.

#3 2022-10-30 3:31 pm

cyrker

Hello,

Yes.
https://www.stopforumspam.com/removal

I try to do it, but it says :

"Votre adresse IP publique XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX n'est pas dans notre base de données "
"Your public IP address XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX is not in our database"

In any case, If I use a other public IP address by using a VPN, the website doesn't recognize my real Public IP address, and allow me to enter inside the website.

Regards,

#4 2022-10-30 3:37 pm

cyrker

Hi,
Do you know if this website is able to recognize my Public IP address and block my access ?
<removed by moderator>
I mean, it's not a mistake but a real action from the admin of this website to block me ?
Regards,

#5 2022-10-30 4:23 pm

Alex Kemp
Website

The Removal page by default investigates the IP that you used to visit the page, and whether there is a block on that IP. If not, it gives the message that you reported.

You are then expected to have the intelligence to read the rest of the page, and to realise that there is a form at the bottom of the page that allows you to enter a different IP if you are browsing using a different IP. Submit that form & then be patient. None of us get paid for this.

I have removed the website URL that you entered. There is zero means for us to know which out of the billion sites that are able to use the SFS API blocked your access. Ask them, not us.

Since you are bowsing from a VPN I am unable to even know whether your IP is actually blocked. Please request removal first.

#6 2022-11-01 6:51 pm

pedigree
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

we can't control if/how a website is blocking you.  it could be for any reason, bad reputation ISP, blocking your country.  your best bet is to ask them

Board footer