You are not logged in.

#1 2022-12-03 5:09 am

idsquid

I dont own a forum but i do have bad email addresses from byespn

basically my friend group got hit by phishing by byespn.com, and yall already have some of their email addresses in your database can i still report these new emails despite not owning a forum?

#2 2022-12-03 6:14 am

Maikuolan
Website

Re: I dont own a forum but i do have bad email addresses from byespn

Where are these email addresses originating from? Are you taking about receiving actual phishing emails to an email inbox?

Stop Forum Spam is intended for *forum spam*. If it isn't spam, or doesn't come from a forum/blog/etc, then it can *not* be submitted here. Furthermore, submissions here require three data points: Username, email address, and IP address. Where will you get the IP address from if it's an email? You won't have the necessary data points available to submit the report anyway.

If you're wanting to submit evidence of phishing emails somewhere, I would recommend using PhishTank. Similarly to SFS, they maintain a database and an API endpoint which websites/systems/etc can consult, but where SFS caters specifically to forum spam, PhishTank caters specifically to phishing emails, so would be more appropriate for reporting about phishing emails. Report forum spam here, report phishing emails there, and for other stuff, depending on what it is (the internet is a big place, so it's difficult to give specific recommendations without knowing what the specific thing in question being dealt with is) there'll likely be other platforms/services/etc available somewhere which'll be the most appropriate avenue for reporting whatever the material in question is.

Last edited by Maikuolan (2022-12-03 6:16 am)

#3 2022-12-03 8:19 pm

idsquid

Re: I dont own a forum but i do have bad email addresses from byespn

thx for the help ill report it to phishtank that is indeed a better fit! smile

Board footer