You are not logged in.

#1 2022-12-05 7:46 pm

grfrm

Removal process

Hi,
some days ago I had an issue on my PC that create a loop in a forum log in process .
That forum admin told me that my Ip address and email was been reported to stopforumspam but in mistake.
That forum admin removed from blacklist my data but your database recorded my  ip ad email as spammer.
I tried to use the removal tool twice but nothing is changed and no one wrote me to understand why
Please is it possible to investigate and remove my data from stopforumspam database ?

thanks a lot

#2 2022-12-05 8:25 pm

NeoFox
Website

Re: Removal process

Sounds fishy to me at least the way you worded it.

Issue on your PC causes loop in forum login processes? Then with that knowldge the forum admin still said your information was reported to SFS by mistake?

I mean if you did the loop login process then by all accounts you should be banned, I would think?

Maybe I've just gotten more paranoid over the years though, not sure.

Last edited by NeoFox (2022-12-05 8:25 pm)

#3 2022-12-05 8:52 pm

grfrm

Excuse me for the bad English .
I remember only that . I'm not a spammer .
I wrote to the forum admins ( what hi-fi forum, vinyl engine forum)
They replied me my data has been recorded as spam but without evidence
Now I'd like to understand what I can do. I sent the information required in the removal form twice but I've not recevied replies nor my ip has been removed from database.

#4 2022-12-05 11:35 pm

Alex Kemp
Website

Hi grfrm, welcomt to SFS.

I've tested our dB with both the IP that you used to login here (it is a IPv6) and also with the email address that you registered with here. Neither can be found as spam within our system.

It often takes a few days before you get removed via the Removal link. We are all volunteers here, and it is a manual system.

A double forum registration should never be a reason for adding someone to our spammer dB. That may be read by the forum as abuse, but that is NOT spam.

You are welcome to post your banned username / email address / IP Address to me via PM (do NOT do so in any forum thread). If that registers as a spam triplet entry then I can pass those details on to our site Admin and ask him to remove it. If not, then there is by definition nothing that I could do.

HTH

#5 2022-12-06 8:10 am

grfrm

Hi Alex Kemp,
I've sent to you the information on PM
thanks

#6 2022-12-06 2:21 pm

Alex Kemp
Website

@grfrm:
No such PM has arrived.

#7 2022-12-06 4:15 pm

Alex Kemp
Website

I finally got a PM from grfrm, giving me two IPs which he said "you have since deleted" (I've deleted nowt, but the system or maybe our Admin may well have done).

Each of the IPs that grfrm reported gave '0 entries' in the Search page. This case is now concluded.

PS
There are two 'Search' links at the top of the page. The top top-one is for searching the SFS spammer database. The lower top-one is for searching these forums.

#8 2022-12-16 9:01 am

pedigree
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

just a rule of thumb, if the IP is relisted since the delete request then I ignore the removal request for a week as its pointless removing it as it's bound to be relisted

#9 2022-12-16 4:04 pm

NeoFox
Website

AKA, "honey did you burn the water again?!"

Board footer