You are not logged in.

#1 2023-11-22 1:56 pm

ronald75

Automatic abuse notification(s) to my provider (?)

Hello,
I manage a domain name for one of my customers and there is no active hosting for the name in question. So I am 100% sure that no scripts and/or email accounts are active. The domain name only resolves to a standard landing page.

Yet I receive the following from my provider (Hetzner):

##############################################

We have received a report from Shadowserver for one or more of your IP addresses.
Please check the report for details and fix any (potential) problems:

-----
Your domain is listed on the stopforumspam.com list because users have marked it as spam.
Please remove the domain from the list if you think it is a false positive listing.

More info : https://www.stopforumspam.com/downloads

2023-11-dd hh:mm:ss,111.222.333.444,example.nl,Stop Forum Spam - Toxic Domains,spammers,24940,DE,NORDRHEIN-WESTFALEN,STOLBERG,518210,"Communications, Service Provider, and Hosting Service",

-----

We will need a reply from you within the next *24 hours*.

##############################################

Apparently there is a bot active *somewhere* that sends messages to forums/forms using our domain name? Ofcourse they can use any domainname. How can we make it clear to Hetzner that it's not us?

Many thanks.

#2 2023-11-22 2:02 pm

ronald75

Re: Automatic abuse notification(s) to my provider (?)

[edit]
The domain is listed here: https://www.stopforumspam.com/downloads/toxic_domains_whole.txt
[/edit]

#3 2023-11-22 2:25 pm

Alex Kemp
Website

Hi ronald75, welcome to SFS. Sorry that you are having problems.

We have never yet come across a bot making false reports. Spam yes, reports no.

Please PM me the relevant IP-Address + domain-name (link at top of page). I'll get that to our admin pedigree for him to investigate. You need to know that domains only get into that file if SFS receives repetitive reports across a long period of time about the same IP. However, get the info to me & he will investigate to find what is the case.

#4 2023-11-22 5:35 pm

pedigree
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

I've removed your domain, and the lists will regenerate and update within (normally) an hour

Tell Hetzner you have a case open with stopforumspam and that its being investigated.   Point them at this thread

I find it ironic that Hetzner have done this given their history of turning a blind eye to reports.  I'm currently being DoSed by machines on their network.

#5 2023-11-24 2:06 pm

ronald75

@pedigree @Alex Kemp thank you!

Board footer