You are not logged in.

#1 2023-10-25 4:26 pm

tigertech

Help with delisting a domain name from Toxic Domains

Hi, I work for a web hosting company that hosts a domain name listed in <https://www.stopforumspam.com/downloads/toxic_domains_whole.txt>: hollylisleonlinewritingschool.com. It's apparently been listed for several years.

I'd like to find out why it's listed so we can address that with the customer and make them stop the bad behavior if it's an ongoing problem. And if it's not an ongoing problem, I'd like to request it be delisted.

I couldn't find an automated form to submit this request; my apologies if I missed it. Thanks!

#2 2023-10-25 11:12 pm

Alex Kemp
Website

Re: Help with delisting a domain name from Toxic Domains

Hi, welcome to SFS.

If a domain is within the toxic list then it is unlikely to be removed (such domains have been reported so many times that they get added to that list). If it has been there several years, then ditto with bells attached.

Our admin, 'pedigree', is the one that acts on requests such as yours. He will be reviewing your post eventually.

PS
Removal is the page to get IPs/Domains/Usernames removed. Removal is automatic if the domain has extremely few listings.

#3 2023-10-25 11:20 pm

tigertech

Sure thing -- well, if there's ongoing abuse happening, I don't expect it to be removed, but that would be useful to know so I can try and put a stop to it.

The page you mentioned doesn't seem to have any way to request removal of domain names, only IP addresses. I tried entering a domain name in that space and it says "SORRY, ERRORS WERE FOUND IN THE INFORMATION PROVIDED". Am I just missing something obvious?

#4 2023-10-26 1:59 am

pedigree
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

It may have been abused in the past but appears to be fine now so I'll remove it immediately

#5 2023-10-26 11:13 am

Alex Kemp
Website

tigertech wrote:

The page you mentioned doesn't seem to have any way to request removal of domain names, only IP addresses.

It's a long, long time since I last visited that page (until just now) and you are right - email addresses are mentioned, but it *is* only for removing IP Addresses (SFS only deals in Domains by adding the current domain-name from lookup to the IP Address). Having said that, SFS only ever accepts submissions as a triplet: IP, email + username, and thus how I got confused.

Glad that your issue was so swiftly sorted.

#6 2023-10-26 4:01 pm

tigertech

Thanks to both of you for the help, I appreciate it.

Board footer